Hi all,

I'm considering using PerlApp to package my application into an easily distributable executable. Comparing PerlApp with PAR, I find that:

1. PerlApp's .exe file is usually smaller than PAR. It can even be less than 1MB, which is almost impossible for PAR. 2. PerlApp packages executables with less errors than PAR. PAR sometimes report runtime errors with missing modules.

Can someone please tell me why this is so (ok, I know PerlApp is a professional packager. I just want to know what is going on)?

Also, I may end up distributing more than 1 Perl application to the same host. Is there a way for multiple distributions to share common libraries (maybe core dlls) so that the file can be even smaller? I don't mind if the libraries are thrown into windows/system32/. That's fine.

Thanks.