@folders will have, at most 7 objects in it.  All strings of less than
80 bytes.

Bill Ng

-----Original Message-----
From: Arms, Mike [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 5:24 PM
To: perl-win32-users@listserv.ActiveState.com
Cc: Ng, Bill
Subject: RE: Iffor

Bill, as long as your goal was *less efficient and obfuscated code*,
then you succeeded. You do realize that you are making a second copy of
all of the contents of @folders less the items that do not match your
regex? In the general case, if @folders is very large, this is hugely
expensive in terms of memory compared to iterating across the list and
just not doing whatever action if the regex does not match. In both
cases you are doing the test against each element. As far as
obfuscation, yes I read that you commented the hell out of it, but that
is little comfort for doing something so obscure and needless. Not only
is it harder to maintain, I would suggest that it is harder to extend.
And my pity if this code is handed to someone else to maintain.

--
Mike Arms