Hi Spencer,

Spencer Chase <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have never figured out if there really is a PDK list or how to get
> on it so I am writing to this group from which I do get e-mail.

There is --there must be, because I'm on it! :-)

You should be able to subscribe to it here:

There's also a pdk-announce list and a bunch-of-others here:
http://listserv.activestate.com/

and/or here:

> I have been using the PerlApp-7 in the PDK beta and it suddenly
> stopped working with an alert sound when I try to run it from a
> shortcut.

If you run it from a command shell you should see the error message it is
giving:

To start the command shell: press Start, select Run, enter "cmd" and press Ok.

Then type: "perlapp --version" and press enter to what error is causing it not
to run

> ...I have a license for PDK 6 and thought that PDK 7 wasn't
> supposed to expire if there was a license. There is no error message
> posted to tell me about a license or whatever. Has it expired and is
> this the way it lets you know? Any other suggestions?

PDK 7 is no longer in beta; it was released last week, I believe.  That's
probaby why the beta expired:
http://www.activestate.com/Products/Perl_Dev_Kit/

hth,

-dave