I have a small app for windows that uses TK to display a menu.  Mostly
copied out of the book.  Each button calls a subroutine.  One of the
buttons copies some large files.  This all works fine.  I need to add
something to let the user know the copy process is in progress.  My
first thought is to pop open a second window with a "copy in progress"
message in a flashing color.  Then when the main routine finishes with
the copy, close the second message window.  Can I do this?  Do I need to
fork off a process?

Would something else do the same type thing and be better/easier?

Thanks,
Don