Greetings Don,

you can use Tk::ProgressBar; if you can count the total number of
files. then advance the bar as you increment a counter of files done.
that way, you can let TK do all the hard stuff.

Friday, September 7, 2007, 7:44:30 AM, you wrote:
DV> I have a small app for windows that uses TK to display a menu.  Mostly
DV> copied out of the book.  Each button calls a subroutine.  One of the
DV> buttons copies some large files.  This all works fine.  I need to add
DV> something to let the user know the copy process is in progress.  My
DV> first thought is to pop open a second window with a "copy in progress"
DV> message in a flashing color.  Then when the main routine finishes with
DV> the copy, close the second message window.  Can I do this?  Do I need to
DV> fork off a process?

DV> Would something else do the same type thing and be better/easier?

DV> Thanks,
DV> Don

Best regards,
Spencer Chase        mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
67550 Bell Springs Rd.
Garberville,  CA 95542    Postal service only.
Laytonville, CA 95454    UPS only.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.spencerserolls.com
http://www.spencerserolls.com/MidiValve.htm