From:   Bellenger, Bruno (Paris)
Sent:   Wednesday, May 24, 2000 14:01
To:     'Douglas Galbraith'; Perl-Win32-Users Mailing List
Subject:        RE: How to modify the Screen Saver setting with PERL?

Everything you need to change the screen saver's settings can be found in

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop

But that's only for your interactive session, of course.

Changing other users (including remote) settings is a bit more tricky as the

registry path will include the user's SID, which you must query first.

HKEY_USERS\<USER'S SID>\Control Panel\Desktop

As for the System (Default) settings, the values can be found in

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop

Values in there relevant to background and screensaver will include :

ScreenSaveTimeOut       2700
ScreenSaveActive        1
SCRNSAVE.EXE    C:\WINNT\System32\LOGON.SCR
ScreenSaverIsSecure     1
Pattern (None)
Wallpaper       (Default)
TileWallpaper   0