Hi Oliver,

Read the documentation with Win32::API (since it provides access to the
functions in any .dll) and get the documentation for the dlls themselves.  If
the dlls come with the OS, then Microsoft's SDK can be downloaded from
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/sdks/platform/platform.asp

The SDK is a huge download (>100M) but has lots of nifty tools and documents
most of the API calls.  It is often thin on example code and you have to do
argument translation (structures can be nasty as discussion on the list has
described) but hey, you can really do some nifty things.

Good luck,

Mark