(Running Activestate 5.6 on win2k):

I'd like to use CGI.pm but send the output to a static HTML file instead of
generating the page on the fly.

I've got

use CGI;
$q = new CGI; # intitiate web page state

Here's the prob.  I'm running the program from the command prompt.
When it hits the second line with "new CGI;", I get this in the console:
(offline mode: enter name=value pairs on standard input)
type in
random
stuff

(the "type in\nrandom\nstuff" is from me entering junk into what looks for
all the world like a "while <STDIN>" type loop.   But I have to cntl C to
get out.

What I'd like to do is just print my HTML to a file handle like
open (HTMLOUTPUT, ">newfile.html")
$q= new CGI;
print  HTMLOUTPUT header(),
                  start_html (-title=>'generated HTML file'),
                  'Some output',
                  end_html();

I tried using STDOUT as the file handle for my HTML file (overriding the
default to the console) but that didn't appear to do anything.

Suggestions?
(By the way, I'm generating a static file because it takes a several
minutes to run the CGI that generates the page content, so I'm doing it
once it the morning and letting visitors see the static page.  I'm -trying
to- use CGI.pm instead of just printing to the HTML file handle because
it'd be nice to use some of the CGI.pm convenient tag generating code.)
Thanks,
Matt Rochlin

---
You are currently subscribed to perl-win32-users as: [archive@jab.org]
To unsubscribe, forward this message to
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For non-automated Mailing List support, send email to
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]