> Behalf Of Matthew Rochlin
>

> (Running Activestate 5.6 on win2k):
>
> I'd like to use CGI.pm but send the output to a static HTML file
> instead of
> generating the page on the fly.
>
> I've got
>
> use CGI;
> $q = new CGI; # intitiate web page state
>
> Here's the prob.  I'm running the program from the command prompt.
> When it hits the second line with "new CGI;", I get this in the console:
> (offline mode: enter name=value pairs on standard input)
> Suggestions?

It does this to allow you to put in parameters the script would normally get
when running as a web page - like if it was a 'response' page.

If you don't have any parameters

        perl mycgi.pl ""

Will get rid of it.  It does so because this give it at least on parameter.
You can actually put anything you want there.

> (By the way, I'm generating a static file because it takes a several
> minutes to run the CGI that generates the page content, so I'm doing it
> once it the morning and letting visitors see the static page.
> I'm -trying
> to- use CGI.pm instead of just printing to the HTML file handle because
> it'd be nice to use some of the CGI.pm convenient tag generating code.)
> Thanks,

It is always a good idea to pre-generate static pages which change seldom
(where seldom could be a little as a minute but usually is more.)  It is
almost mandatory if the page takes a long time (more than several minutes)
to produce.

> Matt Rochlin

---
You are currently subscribed to perl-win32-users as: [archive@jab.org]
To unsubscribe, forward this message to
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For non-automated Mailing List support, send email to
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]