You are in a "while <STDIN>" loop.  It will stay in the loop until it
reaches the EOF.  Enter a "cntl Z" to break the loop.

Then, instead of trying to redirecting the print statements, redirect STDOUT

        open(STDOUT, ">static.html");
        print $q->header(),
                $q->start_html (-title=>'generated HTML file'),
                'Some output',
                $q->end_html();

HTH

---