On 3/7/07, Ron Davies <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[snip]
There is nothing wrong with the UTF-8 encoding in the input data. The data
displays fine in the ILS, and when I hand check the coding in the MARC
record, it's correct.

What's more, if I take a _smaller_ subset of records (say about 50 records)
for my input file, all the data gets printed with no error message and with
the correct characters in the output. Then again, if I take a slightly
large subset, I get errors again, but not necessarily the same ones with
the same records.

Does anyone have any ideas about what's going on here? I have various data
files and outputs if anybody wants to take a closer look.

That is approximately the strangest thing I've ever heard in relation
to MARC::Record...  Do you have any single record that reliably fails?
I'd be very interested in seeing th smallest possible test that dies
reliably.

Thanks very much.

Ron

Ron Davies
Av. Baden-Powell 1  Bte 2, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Email:  ron(at)rondavies.be
Tel:    +32 (0)2 770 33 51
GSM:    +32 (0)484 502 393

--