Hi Mike,

Yeah, sorry, it sounds really strange to me too. I have to say I am not responsible for the installation of Perl or any modules on our Sun server so that it's possible that something has got messed up there, but I can't really make any progress in that regard unless I can say that someone on another platform doesn't have the problem. On the other hand, for another client, also on Solaris, with a different ILS, I had some random problems that looked quite similar. Files were not so large for the other client, so maybe that's why they only seemed to crop up rarely.

I am writing now from my office, not my client's site, so I'll have to send you the files tomorrow. But just to give you a better sense of what I'm looking at, here's the attached document, which a Perl-knowledgeable colleague has already checked over for obvious errors.

Thanks very much.

Ron

Ron Davies
Av. Baden-Powell 1  Bte 2, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Email:  ron(at)rondavies.be
Tel:    +32 (0)2 770 33 51
GSM:    +32 (0)484 502 393