On 3/8/07, Ron Davies <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Hi Mike,

 Yeah, sorry, it sounds really strange to me too.  I have to say I am not
responsible for the installation of Perl or any modules on our Sun server so
that it's possible that something has got messed up there, but I can't
really make any progress in that regard unless I can say that someone on
another platform doesn't have the problem. On the other hand, for another

Heh ... I can confirm that we don't have this problem with Evergreen
on Linux using M::R 2.0 ... otherwise I'd be out of a job. :P

client, also on Solaris, with a different ILS, I had some random problems
that looked quite similar. Files were not so large for the other client, so
maybe that's why they only seemed to crop up rarely.

 I am writing now from my office, not my client's site, so I'll have to send
you the files tomorrow. But just to give you a better sense of what I'm
looking at, here's the attached document, which a Perl-knowledgeable
colleague has already checked over for obvious errors.

I'm buried today anyway, but I'll try to take a look over the weekend
if you can get the MARC (and a minimal script that fails with those
records) to me ... off-list is fine if you'd rather not send it to
everone.

 Thanks very much.

Hope I can help!

 Ron

 Ron Davies
 Av. Baden-Powell 1  Bte 2, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
 Email:  ron(at)rondavies.be
 Tel:    +32 (0)2 770 33 51
 GSM:    +32 (0)484 502 393