On Sun, Jun 26, 2005 at 11:00:31AM +0200, Tels wrote:
> in my quest to rescue^Wpreserve memory, here is the second patch in my
> noCarp series. The first one can be found here:

Are you sure that this is a net gain in memory or speed? Carp.pm is
itself very lightweight these days: it is basically a wrapper that loads
Carp::Heavy on demand.

Since any code of any significant size is likely to have indirectly
require'd Carp through some included module anyway, surely now the code is
just burdened with a bunch of croak() wrapper functions in every
namespace in *addition* to Carp.pm?

Dave.

--
SCO - a train crash in slow motion