On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 08:54:12AM -0600, Jim Cromie wrote:

> extracting the lesson;
> you either blamelogged sprintf.t to find the failing test, then found
> 25171 as last touch,
> or you last-50'd sv.c, found the sprintf.t change,
> then maybe noted the the date and touched-file overlap,
> then the rogue chunk in my patch.
> thanks for stepping in where my brain turned off.

No, simpler than that. I read my way through your patch, wondering what
each hunk did. That was the first non-innocent hunk, and I've read enough of
the sprintf code in sv.c to realise it was there without needing to check
the line numbers.

> Thus far, Im unable to smoke current with this patch -
> Im having issues getting 'make regen' to run after the pfile is applied,
> and consequently teh compile fails with stuff like:
>
> sv.c:8451: error: `PL_body_roots' undeclared (first use in this function)
> sv.c: In function `Perl_sv_dup':
> sv.c:10500: error: `PL_body_roots' undeclared (first use in this function)
> sv.c:10501: error: `PL_body_arenaroots' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
> sv.c: In function `perl_clone':
> sv.c:11355: error: `PL_body_arenaroots' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
> sv.c:11356: error: `PL_body_roots' undeclared (first use in this function)
> make: *** [sv.o] Error 1
> Unable to make anything but miniperl in this configuration
>

> Any tips welcome.

I didn't have a problem with doing perl regen.pl after applying your patch,
then re-running make. So I don't know what to suggest.

Nicholas Clark