Dan Sugalski wrote:

> At 02:49 AM 8/25/00 -0400, Steven W McDougall wrote:
> >Are Perl6 threads preemptive or cooperative?
>
> Perl 6 threads will use the native threading system on each platform. To do
> otherwise means an enourmous amount of mostly useless work. It's just not
> worth it.

Nonsense.

If we write the LCD case (works on a nonthreaded architecture)
using cooperative threads that each yield after so many morae, (like my
vaporware emulator does) the fake virtual threads can map to OS threads
as allowed per architecture, and it becomes a porting issue rather than a
language capability issue.