At 01:11 PM 8/25/00 -0600, Nathan Torkington wrote:
>Heh, we're on the same page here.  I'm just setting the framework
>for that discussion.  I don't think the PDL folks yet know what
>they want, other than "better support for numerical structures".
>
>I'm trying to see what's wrong with the existing systems so that we
>can either fix them or replace them.  Walking before we run, etc.

Gotcha. Different approaches and all, I expect. I tend to figure out what I
want and then try and shoehorn it into what I already have. :)

It looks like we need to be able to override operations on arrays, have
multi-dimensional arrays, and do some rather odd slicing operations that
give values still linked to the original matrices.

Has anyone asked for complex number support yet?

                                        Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk