> =head2 Choice of notation
>
> The placeholder notation has been chosen to be consistent with the
> eisting Perl scalar notation (but using a ^ prefix rather than a $):
>
>         Role            Scalar          Placeholder
>                          var              analog
>
>         named           $x, $y            ^x, ^y
>         positional    $0, $1, $2        ^0, ^1, ^2
>         default           $_                ^_

As I voiced before, this is incorrect. $0 is not a positional scalar. $1
is the first positional scalar.

Either we need to change $1 to $0, or change ^0 to ^1. Considering $0
has been around a little while longer than HOFN, I strongly suggest we
change ^0 to ^1 to be consistent.

I realize this RFC has been frozen, but this is an important issue. And
remember, Mike Pastore and I were the ones who suggested this whole ^
notation, y'know. ;-)

Other than this issue the RFC is excellent^Wamazing.

-Nate