DC> But I'm *never* going to take out ^0. Having ^1 mean $_[0] is Just
DC> Plain Wrong.

Though I see your point. I'm not sure how many would make the connection
between ^1 and $_[0].

I see ^1 as the _first_ argument not as the zero-th offset. To my eyes
a positional rather than an offset is more appropriate.  It just reads
better.

Let me ask you:

        foo('a','b', 'c')

Is 'b' the 1st parameter or the 2nd?

        sub { ^1 + ^2 }

And when a newbie, not one of the oldtimers whose been part of perl6 since
Damian's RFC came out. Would they think that the second and third arguments
were added or the first and second?

<chaim>
--
Chaim Frenkel                                        Nonlinear Knowledge, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                               +1-718-236-0183