2000-09-27-22:03:19 Randal L. Schwartz:
> So, I'd be happy to make everything an object under three conditions:
>
> 1) it doesn't interfere with *optimized* language constructs for
> the most common tasks
>
> 2) it isn't being put in just to satisfy some theory that making
> everything an object will make everything easier
>
> 3) it doesn't slow things down for those of us who want to use the
> optimized interfaces and not worry about objects until we get to
> 500-line programs

Sounds like a fine set of constraints to add to the RFC.

As far as (2) is concerned, certainly nobody who likes perl thinks
that making everything an object will make _everything_ easier. But
I think we proponents of this RFC believe it may well make _some_
things easier, with the implementation of perl6 being among them.

-Bennett

PGP signature