At http://www.perl.com/pub/2000/11/perl6rfc.html, Mark-Jason Dominus wrote:

> There are a lot of people around who do have some understanding of the
> Perl internals. An RFC author who knows that he does not understand the
> internals should not have a lot of trouble finding someone to consult
> with, to ask basic questions like ``Do you think this could be made to
> work?'' As regex group chair, I offered more than once to hook up RFC
> authors with experienced Perl developers.

As an RFC author and persistent discutant, I always assumed that
all/most/many of such qualified internals folks would be reading
the perl6 lists, and would squawk when appropriate.

> Translation issues were frequently ignored. Larry has promised that
> 80% of Perl 5 programs would be translatable to Perl 6 with 100%
> compatibility, and 95% with 95% compatibility.

Wadr to Larry, those numbers are meaningless at this stage, let alone
when he said it.

> I don't think Hitler was invoked at any point in the discussion.

Well, you invoke Hitler when you're talking about people; you invoke
Java when you're talking about programming languages.  And IIRC,
Java was invoked several times.  :-)

--
John Porter