On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 03:42:41PM -0500, Andy Dougherty wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, Nathan Torkington wrote:
>
> >                                                      When an article
> > in perl.com is so overwhelmingly negative about the work so far, do

Yup.  I can't see www.sun.com carrying an editorial saying effectively
"Java: we are all going to hell in a handbasket".  Well, maybe they
are, precisely because of Java, but that's not the point here...

> > you think that stirs confidence in what we're doing?
>
> To strive for balance, I think perl.com's home page should also have the
> links to Larry's ALS talk and slides.  I know they are not a polished

Definitely.

> collection of web pages, but they are still quite readable.  They also
> give a different perspective to the RFC collection.
>
> An article emphasizing positive aspects of the process so far would also
> seem like a nice idea, but somebody'd have to write it :-).

I think I will try my hand at this.

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen