> An OS problem and a build environment (cross-compilation, yuk)
> problem.  I once managed to compile miniperl (5.005) for Chorus.
> I'm about to unearth the cross-compilation changes I had to make to
> get that working.  (You thought Configure was hairy enough already?
> Think again: the test executables have transfered to and run on the
> target platform, and the results shipped back to the build platform
> (where Configure is running))

I had similar troubles getting Perl to compile on PA-RISC HP-UX while
using the IA-64 cross-compiler.  Until the native IA-64 compilers were
ready, I had to hand-build a config.sh file.

I know this isn't necessarily a topic for -internals, but if someone
could direct me to the right ML to think about how to make Perl easier
to cross-compile, I'll take the discussion there.

Jeff