In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
          Dan Sugalski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> At 09:48 PM 12/30/00 +0000, Nick Ing-Simmons wrote:
>
> >ARM7/ARM9 are both 32-bit
> >MIPS has both 32-bit and 64-bit variants.
>
> That's good. Though do either of them have 16-bit data busses?

If you ignore thumb mode all ARM chips are 32 bit as far as the data
bus and registers go, at least at the CPU core interface. You could
of course hook up a 16 bit bus to the core and force the high bits to
always be zero or similar. Offhand I can't remember if thumb mode
uses 16 bit data as well as 16 bit instructions.

References to older ARM chips not being 32 bit refer only to the
address space which was 26 bit on ARM 2 and ARM 3 cores. Later cores
added a 32 bit mode and the latest cores drop the 26 bit support.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://www.compton.nu/