On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 01:33:52PM -0500, Sam Tregar wrote:
> Perhaps.  It's not rare in OO Perl which is coincidentally one area in
> serious need of a speedup.  I suppose I'm warped by my own experience -
> all the code I see every day is filled with references and objects.
> That's probably not the average case Perl usage.

Possibly not. People keep saying that OO is slow, but there are no good
examples of OO code to benchmark.
perl5-porters would happily receive sample code that hammers perl5 so
that it can be profiled to find where in the perl5 source the bottleneck is

I suspect that perlbench would also not object to OO code for benchmarking.

Nicholas Clark