At 09:09 AM 3/26/2001 -0600, Garrett Goebel wrote:
>Someone please clue me in. A pointer to an RFC which defines the use of
>colons in Perl6 among other things would help.
>
>Why not have subsequent uses of : on the same variable name perform a cast?
>Or perhaps better returned the casted value?

We're sort of tossing around pseudo-code. Nailing down the syntax isn't
really the place of the -internals list, as Larry's rightly pointed out.

The ord opcode will be handed a string tagged with its type, and can Do The
Right Thing given that tag. How you tag it at the perl level's another
issue, and one we can dodge as its not our decision really.

                                        Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk