-----Original Message-----
From: Jarkko Hietaniemi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2001 15.43
To: Brent Dax
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Perl culture, perl readabillity

>> The reward?  English-speaking children learn what is arguably the most
>> flexible and expressive spoken language in the world.
>
> Sorry, my bigotry meter just went through the roof, adding this thread
> to my kill list.

Okay.  If I offended anyone with that statement (as I appear to have done) I
am sorry.  I did _not_ mean to say other languages were bad.  However, I
believe that my statement that English may be the most flexible and
expressive language stands--for the same reason that Perl is a flexible
language, its redundancy.

I never intended that to mean that there's something wrong with other
languages, or even that English is 'better' in all ways.  (Perl may be more
flexible than C or other languages, but that doesn't make it 'better' than
C--C is generally quicker to compile and execute.)  However, I will not
retract my statement, because I believe it and I believe that there are
statistics to back it up.

If you want to killfile me, fine, that's your choice.  I just don't want you
to do so because of a misunderstanding.

--Brent Dax
[EMAIL PROTECTED]