> And what would be a better way of testing this out than being able to
> make perl6 parse and run perl5 code correctly? (and I think that a key component
> ways of making this workable would be to promote a descendent of
> Parse::RecDescent to be the mechanism that parses perl for *real* and is the
> basis of micro-perl, etc.)

Regardless of the implementation, you are right on. It would be such an
enjoyable thing to have a standard "Perl 5.x" lib of meta-syntax
definitions that could serve as both parser logic and function mappings.
The day you can execute a Perl5 test script successfully within that
framework is a cool, cool day.