Nick Ing-Simmons writes:
: Larry Wall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
: >I think using overloading to write a parser is going to be a relic of
: >Perl 5's limitations, not Perl 6's.
:
: I am _NOT_ using overloading to write a parser.
: Parse::Yapp is just fine for writing parsers. I am trying to re-use
: a parser that already exists - perl5's parser.

I understand that, even if I was unclear.

: What _really_ want to do is a dynamically scoped peep-hole "optimize"
: (actually a rewrite) of the op tree - written in perl.

Sure, but that's not really overloading the way I think of it, it's a
different kind of hook into the parser/code-generator.  That's more or
less what I was trying to say, poorly.

Larry