On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 03:33:52PM -0700, Edward Peschko wrote:
> > Please, no. Some of us have to *teach* this language.
> Then I guess that either space sensitive '.' is the answer

Sorry. I'll try it again.

SPACE SENSITIVE and SOME OF US HAVE TO TEACH IT. Do you understand yet?

Are you *really* willing to deal with hundreds of newbies who don't
understand why $a . $b isn't the same as $a .$b and isn't the same as
$a. $b and isn't the same as $a.$b? And do you realise what the only
"good" answer we can possibly give them is? "Because Ed said so".

Sorry, I'm not going to do that.

--
I'm surrounded by electromagnetic radiation all the time. There are radio
stations broadcasting at lots of kW, other people using phones, the police,