On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 05:14:23PM +0000, Fred Heutte wrote:
> It strikes me as counterproductive to say, "Oh, that's ALREADY been
> decided" (with the distinct undertone of "by the way please note
> how out of touch you are"), or "That's fine but we're not designing
> Perl 5 here" (with the apparent inference that concerns about syntax
> and efficiency have been trumped by the onrushing demands of the
> various new schemata being proposed)

Hrm, no. You completely misunderstood why I said that. I said
that because if we *are* going to change the syntax, saying that it
will clash with the old syntax is an invalid argument, because it won't
clash because we'll change it!

--
dd.c:   sbrk(64);       /* For good measure */
    - plan9 has a bad day