Nathan Wiger wrote:

> I think Uri's qh() suggestion is the cleanest:

me too

> And it would make hash declarations cleaner:
>
>    %hash = qh(
>         foo
>         bar
>         jim => 'bob'
>         var
>    );
>
> Plus maybe even a pragma to set the default value:
>
>         use default hashval => 'closed';

Looks like a job for a new LineNoiseVar.  is $% anything yet?

       format_page_number HANDLE EXPR

       $FORMAT_PAGE_NUMBER

       $%      The current page number of the currently selected
               output channel.  (Mnemonic: % is page number in
               nroff.)

how about $% is that if we are using, umm, the format module, or the
 $QH_DEFAULT_VALUE if we aren't.  Or go to $%%.

Additionally, the qh syntax could very easily become a packed-structure
sytnax.