On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 01:55:42AM +0100, Graham Barr wrote:
> On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 07:40:04PM -0500, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
> > By far most of my use of typeglobs is making aliases, and then mostly
> > for code:
> >
> >     *color = \&colour;
>
> I would say that probably the most common use now for typeglobs is
> from the IO:: modules. Which are created with gensym so they are
> anonymous.

Personally, I use typeglobs mostly to autogenerate repetitive methods
without an autoloader:

        *method = $closure;

but this should definately have a direct analogy in Perl 6 so I'm not
worried.

--

Michael G. Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl6 Quality Assurance     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       Kwalitee Is Job One