On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 10:00:13PM +0100, Michael G Schwern wrote:
> On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 01:49:30PM -0700, Edward Peschko wrote:
> > We need to keep syntactic compatibility, which means we need to keep the
> > ability for perl6 to USE PERL5.
>
> I think you're in violent agreement here.  This has been declared a
> goal of Perl 6 from almost day one.

Ok, fair enough, but until just a little bit ago I was hearing stuff different
from Dan. That has been changed, apparently recently, so I guess we are in
violent agreement.

Although I would amend what he said to saying 'perl6 will eat perl 5 code
close to painlessly as possible including typeglobs'. Typeglobs are a central
part of a lot of CPAN's core modules; I don't think we could get away with
abolishing them willy-nilly.

Ed