On 09/07/2018 09:18 PM, Vadim Belman wrote:
You're pretty much mistaken here. No documentation can replace a good book. No
documentation is capable of providing enough in-depth understanding of The
Concept.

Hi Vadim,

You are, of course, correct.  And we are also talking at cross
purposes.

Your point is that you can not expect a "dictionary"
to teach you how to speak a language.  And you are correct.

My point is that the dictionary should teach you how to use
the word in question.  I do believe I am correct in my
assertion too.

I am a sleepy kind of person too. But I managed to get through Perl6 Deep Dive
by Andrew Shitov in the only possible way: having the book on my iPad and Vim
on my notebook. Now I'm considering giving a try to the recently released
Learning Perl6 book – as soon as will have any time for this.

I get to

    print "Hello World\n";

and THUD.  Head hits the table.

I have tried so many times and finally realized
and gave up.  The only way I learn is by doing.  This
is especially exasperated as I am not new to programming,
only to Perl 5/6.

I have been know to write an outline of what I want
to do (Top Down) and then fill the code in as I go.

I greatly prefer Perl 6 as I live and breath Top Down and
Perl 5's sub declarations are a nightmare.  Perl 6 is a
wonderful clean up of Perl 5.  I only program now-a-days
in Perl 5 if I am forced to by the lack of a mature module
base in Perl 6.

Yours,
-T