El dom., 30 sept. 2018 a las 12:31, ToddAndMargo (<toddandma...@zoho.com>)
escribió:

> On 9/30/18 3:03 AM, JJ Merelo wrote:
> >

> > El dom., 30 sept. 2018 a las 11:32, ToddAndMargo (<toddandma...@zoho.com
> > <mailto:toddandma...@zoho.com>>) escribió:
> >
> >     On 9/26/18 7:27 PM, Brandon Allbery wrote:
> >      > And again: this is only because you know perl 5. People are not
> born
> >      > knowing perl 5; to someone who doesn't know it, perldoc raises
> >     the same
> >      > kinds of questions you have been asking, and the answers have to
> be
> >      > found in perlsyn or perldata, etc. Which is exactly what you have
> >     been
> >      > complaining about with respect to perl 6 doing the same kind of
> >     thing.
> >
> >     Geez Louise Bradley!  The above is a really bad argument!
> >
> >     "perldocs -f xxx" is a bazillion times easier to understand
> >     than Perl 6's manual, regardless if you know Perl 5 or not.
> >

> > Hey, thanks. The (admittedly not so many) people working (on a purely
> > volunteer basis, mostly) on the Perl 6 documentation are grateful for
> > this general appreciation of our work.
> >
> >     And, by the way, I wonder just how may are coming to Perl 6
> >     without ANY Perl 5 experience?
> >

> > Around 30%, according to the survey. That's not written in stone,
> > however, and might (and will) change in the future.
> >

> >     In every instance I can look up, perldocs puts Perl 6's
> >     documentation to shame.
> >
> > Again, thanks. We'll stand here, quietly, waiting for the tar and
> > feathers to fall on us.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > JJ
> >

> Hi JJ,
>
> It is all part of Kaisen (constant improvement).  I am
> volunteering my very scarce time too.
>
> My apologies if my blunt description of the problem is
> offensive in any way.

It's not so much  the bluntness as the iteration.

> And yes, perldocs had a lot of year of Kaisen behind it.

Perl 6 docs were started, almost single-handedly, by Moritz in 2009. No
serious work (as in, more people helping, Moritz's work was quite serious
and professional) was done until circa 2012, and more serious work after
2014, leading up to the Christmas release. Approximately 200 persons have
worked on it, with ~ 40 persons putting in work (as in doing commits and
pull requests) every month. Kaizen needs time, but more than that need
human resources. That type of comparisons is unfair, but most of all it
does not really help to make improvements unless particular areas of
improvement are identified.

> -T
>
> Do you prefer chicken feather or pigeon feathers?
>
> :-)

Nothing less that good Oklahoma tar and turkey feathers will do.

JJ