On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 10:04 PM ToddAndMargo <toddandma...@zoho.com> wrote:

> I presume you have P5's perldocs installed.  Pick
> out any functions (perldoc -f name) and take
> a look at how extraordinarily simple their explanations
> are to understand.  You almost never have to ask for help.
>  From my two postings on "words" you can tell the difference
> in understanding.

Perl 5 barely has types, so there's nothing to document.

Perl 6 has a whole bunch of types. You will need to learn to look up any
type that you do not already know.

English is not a programming language, so it will not help you with
understanding what Positional is. Or Callable. Or Mix, or any of the other
types and roles in Perl 6. Perl 5 has none of these, so it is never a
problem in Perl 5. Instead you have to memorize a bunch of weird special
case rules for the things Perl 5 does know about -- and perldoc expects you
to have done so. You don't notice because you've already memorized them.

--
brandon s allbery kf8nh
allber...@gmail.com