El dom., 30 sept. 2018 a las 11:32, ToddAndMargo (<toddandma...@zoho.com>)
escribió:

> On 9/26/18 7:27 PM, Brandon Allbery wrote:
> > And again: this is only because you know perl 5. People are not born
> > knowing perl 5; to someone who doesn't know it, perldoc raises the same
> > kinds of questions you have been asking, and the answers have to be
> > found in perlsyn or perldata, etc. Which is exactly what you have been
> > complaining about with respect to perl 6 doing the same kind of thing.
>
> Geez Louise Bradley!  The above is a really bad argument!
>
> "perldocs -f xxx" is a bazillion times easier to understand
> than Perl 6's manual, regardless if you know Perl 5 or not.

Hey, thanks. The (admittedly not so many) people working (on a purely
volunteer basis, mostly) on the Perl 6 documentation are grateful for this
general appreciation of our work.

> And, by the way, I wonder just how may are coming to Perl 6
> without ANY Perl 5 experience?

Around 30%, according to the survey. That's not written in stone, however,
and might (and will) change in the future.

> In every instance I can look up, perldocs puts Perl 6's
> documentation to shame.
>
> Again, thanks. We'll stand here, quietly, waiting for the tar and feathers
to fall on us.

Cheers

JJ