> Any idea what the official name of the crypto line is?

You haven't mentioned "crypto line" until this point.

So I'm guessing you mean the line that starts "multi".

That's called a routine declaration.

More specifically a method declaration.

More specifically a multi method declaration.

More specifically a `words` method declaration.

More specifically a `words` multi method declaration.

More specifically `words(Str:D: Any --> Positional)`.

More specifically `words(Str:D $input: $limit = Inf --> Positional)`.

--
raiph