To simplify, it is my understanding that the "Apocalypse 6: Subroutines"
document define that as a subroutine declaration, with signature. Forgetting
the nomenclature, that might well be inspired by magical imaginary, AFAIK, it
is practically just pattern matching, same as a regex: to teach the compiler
which code shall get executed in function of the way the subroutine gets called.