On 2019-12-11 14:26, Joseph Brenner wrote:
Joseph Brenner <doom...@gmail.com> wrote:
The signatures in the documentation are certainly helpful, but they're
no substitute for code examples.   I'd go after adding more code
examples, rather than removing other stuff.

But then, maybe I'm coming into this discussion in the middle-- is the
topic here adding command-line switches to suppress some type
checking, e.g. for one-liners?

That would make some sense to me, but I don't have any strong feelings about it.

The discussion changed into me not liking the way they
prssent the signatures in the doc pages.  You were on target.