On 1/19/20 2:47 AM, ToddAndMargo via perl6-users wrote:
Hi All,

Thank you all for the wonderful help on this.

What I am still confused about is how to
read these silly definition lines:

       multi sub infix:<+>($a, $b --> Numeric:D)
       multi sub infix:<+^>($a, $b --> Int:D)

How exactly does the above tell me to do this?

      $c = $a +  $b
      $c = $a +^ $b

I figured I'd start with addition and work my
way up.

It is what Elizabeth already said and a bit of latin would help.

prefix:        +foo
        'pre' means something like 'before'. What is before then. It is about
        operators. So an operator goes before an argument. '+foo' here could
then be +$a.
        Other prefix examples are ?$a, !$a, -$a, .

postfix:       foo++
        'post' means something like 'after'. The operator goes after the
argument. Examples
        are $a++, $b--.
infix: foo + bar
        This means that the operator is in between arguments. Like $a + $b, $a
** 2.

circumfix:     [foo]
        Means the operator goes around the argument. Like a list ( $a, $b, 3, 4
)

postcircumfix: foo[bar]
        The operator here is placed around an argument which is placed after
another.
        Like @a[$b], (^10)[3], %h{$k}

Marcel

Many thanks,