On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 03:07:36PM -0400, John Porter wrote:
> Mark J. Reed wrote:
> > ... be sure that "Perl stays Perl".
>
> Eh, puke.
I'm sorry?  If you don't like Perl as it is, why do you care what happens
to it in the future?  But the RFC on Perl remaining Perl has been accepted,
so let's move on . . .

> Anyway, as long as the class-level @ISA (or Class.ISA, hopefully)
> is the fall-back default for any instance that doesn't have its
> own .ISA set, then current semantics are retained.
Correct.  As I said, I would just be curious about the mechanism
for method definition.  I suppose you could always leave that alone,
so methods could only be defined at the class level and would
be one of the remaining distinctions between instances and classes.

--
Mark J. REED    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>