At 11:45 AM 6/27/2001 -0700, Mark Koopman wrote:

>>* Objects are bigger since they all need an .ISA property, if we toss the
>>per-class @ISA
>

>with an accessible .ISA property, are previous instaniated objects
>'brought-up-to-speed' with this new behaviour or not?

Depends on what you mean by that. Since I have no clue, I couldn't say. :)

If you mean would updating one object's .ISA property update them all, I'd
rather we not do that. If you mean do we update all the object's .ISA
properties when we change the class' default ISA, I'd rather not do that if
we're instantiating ISA on a per-object basis.

Basically my preference, if we're going with a per-object .ISA with no
class ISA fallback, is for each object to be independent and not affect any
other object when its properties are messed with.

                                        Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk