On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 01:18:07PM -0500, Elaine -HFB- Ashton wrote:
> And support depends on what model you have. If you can afford commercial
> supprt, I'd guess Java would be easier hands down since SUN has
> wonderful support in my experince.

I don't think we want to drag "you can throw alot of money at Company
X to make it work" into the argument.  Sure, you can pay Sun a bunch
of money and they'll make it all work.  Similarly, I can throw lots of
money at ActiveState and they'll make my Perl work.  Linux v
Microsoft, Oracle v MySQL, etc... all greased with the application of
lots of money on either side.

Anything can be made to look good if you have a few thousand spare
dollars around to pay for professional tech support.

--
Michael G Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl6 Quality Assurance     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       Kwalitee Is Job One