"raptor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<...>
> the idea of aliasing is to preserve the fast access and on the other side
> shorden the "accessor"(i.e the way to access the structure) and make code
> clearer.(mostly u can choose a name that has better meaning in your
context)

This reminds me... another way to to shorten the accessor discussed in the
RFC process was something like Delphi & VB's 'with' syntax:
<VB>
  with Application.ActiveSheet
    .cells(1,1) = "Title"
    .language = "English"
  end with
  Application.ActiveSheet.cells(2,1) = "Slow way"
</VB>

I can't remember if this actually found its way into an RFC--anyone have a
reference? I could envisage this prototyped in P5 with a source filter to
deal with a syntax like this:
<Pseudo-Perl>
  with $XL->{Application}->{ActiveSheet} {
    ->cells(1,1) = "Title"
    ->language() = "English"
  }
</Pseudo-Perl>