On Mon, Sep 03, 2001 at 04:56:28PM +0100, Nick Ing-Simmons wrote:
> >The problem is, it appears DATA is only opened if there's an __END__
> >or __DATA__ tag.  I don't remember it working this way...
> >
> >*shrug*  We can fix that easy. :)
>
> No you can't - you run out of fd's pretty quick if every .pm file you touch
> leaves one open to be seekable...

Simple, just tie it so it only opens upon being used.

OR, and I have no idea why I never thought of this before, instead of
magic filehandles, just peek in %INC and open that file.

--

Michael G. Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl6 Quality Assurance     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       Kwalitee Is Job One