Aaron Sherman wrote
> IMHO, MUST
> > >
> > > What is void plus one?
> >
> > Can't we utilize the lazy arrays stuff to make all this work.
> > Out of the box, all entries could default to NaN. But its easy
> > to write
> >
> >     @a ^= 0;
> >
> > to change this default. I'm sure this could be extended to work
> > with hashes. I'm not sure what the correct syntax is, though.
>
> Nope.
>
>       my @a;
>       @a ^= 0;
>       print @a
>
> Are you saying that this should print an infinite number of zeros?

Quoting Larry on this subject (apocalypse 3, bottom of page 3): "I
can think of other cans of worms this opens, and I'm quite certain
I'm too stupid to think of them all. Nevertheless, my gut feeling
is that we can make things work more like people expect rather
than less. And I was always a little bit jealous that REXX could
have arrays with default values. :-)"

Dave.