Dan Sugalski:
# At 08:43 PM 11/19/2001 -0500, brian wheeler wrote:
# >On Mon, 2001-11-19 at 19:59, James Mastros wrote:
# > > I propose that we make INTVAL and opcode_t the same size,
# and gaurrenteed
# > > to be able to hold a void*.
# > >
# >
# >Seems reasonable to me, since jsr and jump are slated to use an I
# >register to jump to a host-machine-address and start
# interpreting there.
#
# Nah, using an I register as a host-machine-address for jumps
# doesn't argue
# for sizeof(INTVAL) >= sizeof(void *). Instead, it argues that
# the design
# that uses an int as an absolute address is wrong.
#
# I'm going to rewrite the docs and ops to use a S register
# instead. Now all
# I need to do is figure out something to make S stand for that
# encompasses
# both uses. (Buffer pointer and generic pointer)

Why not have an address PMC type?  PMCs are designed to hold weird data;
besides, they'll have to be able to hold CVs anyway.

--Brent Dax
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Configure pumpking for Perl 6

"Nothing important happened today."
    --George III of England's diary entry for 7-4-1776