> There is an effort to compile ruby to the CLR, I don't know more,
> because I can't read japanese :-) And there is someone working on python
> support in the mono compiler, too.
> BTW: we just got our compiler running on linux and compiling a simple
> program, hopefully by next week it can be used for some more real code
> generation.
>
> lupus
I know, I follow the mono list too.  I don't doubt that dynamic languages
can't
be implemented on the clr, like I said, experience shows that it can be done
on
the jvm which is more restricting, what I'm not sure (and I don't think that
there
are precedents for this) is that they can be efficient when implemented on
the clr.
Benoit